International Students and Pilots


Aurora Aviation accepts international flight training students on M-1 student visas for enrollment in our pilot courses.

We are authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. Students may not work in the United States with an M-1 visa.

Federal aviation regulations require that applicants be able to read, speak, and understand the English language to enroll in the training program.

This means that the students must presently speak conversational English or possess an ICAO pilot certificate with an “English Proficient” endorsement, otherwise an Aviation English Training course prior to enrollment with Aurora Aviation is in order.

The first step to apply for an M-1 student visa is to download the application form. If there is a problem downloading, we will send as a PDF attachment upon request.


If you already hold a private pilot (PPL) or higher pilot certificate in a ICAO country, you can obtain a US restricted private pilot certificate under FAR 61.75.

This restricted private pilot certificate allows you to start and finish the FAA instrument rating and the unrestricted commercial pilot certificate in the United States.

To apply for this certificate, download form here and contact us for further information.

TSA Requirements

Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires background checks of non-U.S. citizens prior to obtaining any of the following:

  • Initial FAA pilot certificate training
  • FAA instrument training
  • FAA multi-engine training
  • Aircraft gross weight over 12,500 lbs


Contact us for more information.